Upstairs in the Oak Bay Recreation Centre is the Sports View Deli Bar & Grill. Let me tell you why we love this place:
- The Sports View is VERY family friendly, but really, it’s “everyone friendly.” It’s a total mix- and it’s great. People are relaxed, doing their thing, and it’s so spacious. Even the chairs feel big.
- The food is just what we need. Tons of options for kids (yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cheese, etc.) and a full menu including…”the best clubhouses!” (Oak Bay husband)
- The prices seem VERY reasonable. Thank you for that!
- The drink menu is perfect. Beer (they even sell by the glass), wine, cider, highballs, this place has it all.
- The Sports View has a huge big screen television (8′ x 12′) for the whole family to enjoy all the sports action! My husband and I actually watched some football and didn’t want to leave!
- The staff are so lovely and patient. They make the experience smooth and relaxing.
- Wine at 2 p.m. Because when you skate with young children (who don’t yet skate on their own), you deserve wine after.
- The Sports View hosts a variety of live music. Check out the calendar for upcoming shows.
- Dining at the Sports View supports our Rec Centres and local community.
10. It’s literally upstairs! So convenient and easy.